24.4 C
Lagos

Akeredolu’s Son Threatens To Sue Deputy Gov Over False Accusation

Must Read

#EndSARS: Obasanjo Speaks On Lekki Shooting

Former Governor Olusegun Obasanjo has spoken against the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

Enforce Quarantine To Crush Pandemic, Says WHO

Contacts of people confirmed to have coronavirus should be properly quarantined, the World Health Organization said on...

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to...

The son of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, Babajide Akeredolu has threatened to sue his father’s deputy, Agboola Ajayi over the alleged false accusation that he siphoned the sum of N433 million from the State’s coffers.

According to Babajide, who described the allegation by the Deputy Governor as malicious and deliberate attempt to tarnish his person, urged Ajayi to strip himself of immunity to prove his allegation in court.

Last week Saturday, during the flag-off campaign of the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP in Ore, Odigbo Local Government Area of the State, the deputy governor, who is the candidate of ZLP for the October 10 governorship poll, had alleged that the governor’s son benefitted from the N4.3 billion allegedly found in a secret account.

Ajayi who has been having running battle with his boss stated that Babajide was paid N433 million from the money under the pretence of consultancy fee.

While vowing to take the issue up with the deputy governor, Babajide disclosed that the move by Ajayi was made for political gain, which he described as not only wicked but treacherous and false.

Babajide added that “I find it imperative to state unambiguously that I do not hold any political office.
“It is evil and most wicked to make such allegation that exist mainly in the minds of Hon. Agboola, the ZLP candidate and his ilk against me.

“I state with emphasis that it is the greatest disrespect and an intentional distortion of facts for the said Gubernatorial candidate of the ZLP to state inter alia that I siphoned Four hundred and thirty-three million naira of Ondo State’s funds under the disguise of consultancy fees. This allegation which I deny, can only come from someone so lowly and frivolous and unexpected of anyone who holds the high office of a Deputy Governor.”

He further stated that the allegation by Ajayi was calculated to disparage his person and credibility, which he said had caused severe damage to his reputation and professional interests.

The Governor’s son disclosed that his lawyers have been instructed to institute legal action against Ajayi in order to claim full damages for the harm the alleged false statement had done to his reputation.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

#EndSARS: Obasanjo Speaks On Lekki Shooting

Former Governor Olusegun Obasanjo has spoken against the shooting of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

Enforce Quarantine To Crush Pandemic, Says WHO

Contacts of people confirmed to have coronavirus should be properly quarantined, the World Health Organization said on Monday, as the pandemic surges...

PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #EndSARS Protesters Across Nigeria

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to the killings recorded recently in...

BREAKING NEWS : Enugu Govt imposes 24-hour curfew

Just like other states like Lagos and Rivers, The Enugu State Government has announced the imposition of curfew in some parts of...

IGP Withdraws Policemen Attached To VIPs

Mohammed Adamu,The Inspector-General of Police, has ordered the withdrawal of all policemen attached to all VIP across the nation with immediate effect.
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -