27 C
Lagos

Boko Haram: End this war now – ACF tells Buhari, military

Must Read

53 Persons Arrested In Connection With Kubwa NYSC Camp Looting – IGP

Fifty-three persons have been arrested in connection with the looting at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)...

Liverpool Defender Undergoes Sucessful Knee Surgery

Virgil van Dijk has undergone successful knee surgery and will begin rehabilitation, Premier League champions Liverpool said...

Six Dead, Buildings Collapse As Major Quake Hits Turkey, Greece

A powerful earthquake hit Turkey and Greece on Friday, killing at least six people, levelling buildings and...

The Friday Boko Haram Attack on Borno Governor Babagana Zulum’s convoy has been described as alarming by The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF),

In a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Emmanuel Yawe, on Saturday in Kaduna, condemned the fresh attack.

We earlier reported That the governor was on his way to Baga town when the terrorists opened fire on his convoy, of which twelve policemen, 13 civilians and five soldiers were confirmed dead from the attack.

However, ACF opined that the Boko Haram terrorists were targeting Zulum in Borno State because he was raising hope in a demoralized country.

“We are alarmed that the deadly attacks have continued in Borno despite assurances received from the military and the federal government of an improved security situation.

[READ ALSO]COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Launches N5bn Support Fund For Private Schools

“Only last week, a serving senior military officer, Col. Bako, was ambushed and killed around Demboa in the same Borno.
“In July, Zulum came under gunfire while on an official tour.”

The Forum said the renewed attacks are affecting public confidence in the military’s ability to defend Nigeria in the ongoing war against terror successfully.

The Forum, however, urged the military to act swiftly to restore public confidence, adding that if anything untoward happens to Gov. Zulum, the consequences for the rest of the country will be grave.

According to ACF, the attacks by terrorists while the governor was trying to move some IDPs back to their permanent homes from camps have raised questions on the ability to ensure IDPs’ safety is seeking to return to their homes.
“The military and the Federal Government must act swiftly to end this war,” the statement added.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

53 Persons Arrested In Connection With Kubwa NYSC Camp Looting – IGP

Fifty-three persons have been arrested in connection with the looting at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)...

Liverpool Defender Undergoes Sucessful Knee Surgery

Virgil van Dijk has undergone successful knee surgery and will begin rehabilitation, Premier League champions Liverpool said on Friday.

Six Dead, Buildings Collapse As Major Quake Hits Turkey, Greece

A powerful earthquake hit Turkey and Greece on Friday, killing at least six people, levelling buildings and creating a sea surge that...

Protests: Police Personnel Acted Professionally, IGP Tells Amnesty International

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu said the officers of the Nigeria Police Force acted professionally and exercised commendable restraints during the...

Soldiers Block Lagos End SARS Judicial Panel From Entering Military Mortuary

Members of the Lagos Judicial Panel on End SARS who earlier visited the Lekki shooting scene have been stopped from entering the...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -