On Monday, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) announced the suspension of the ongoing recruitment screening of applicants.
The Federal Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, ordered the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to hold the screening of 5,000 new hires.
This, he said, was due to the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement on Monday, the NDLEA spokesman, Deputy Commander of Narcotics, Jonah Achema, said the suspension of the screening was based on strict compliance with the directives of Mallam Abubakar Mallami, SAN, the Minister of Justice.
“The agency is prepared to seek advice from the Presidential Task Force on COVID- 19 on the public health implications of such an exercise, especially as it relates to the adequacy and possibility of strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols.”
“The screening team had been directed to suspend all actions and return to the National Headquarters, Abuja, immediately for further briefing.”
“There shall be no prejudice against any candidate that turned up for the screening or that failed to do so,’’ he added.