Grande Concert Threatened In Costa Rica

0
646
views

A 22-year-old Colombian man has been arrested on suspicion of threatening to attack an Ariana Grande concert in Costa Rica.

22-year-old Caicedo Lopez, a Colombian national, is facing accusations of making serious threats about a possible ‘attack’ during the concert, which took place last night.

Costa Rica’s Judicial Investigative Police, OIJ, launched an immediate investigation into the threats which were said to have been written in Arabic and made online.

The OIJ’s director Walter Espinoza told the Costa Rica Times that they found Lopez by tracking the IP address, tracing the threat back to mobile phones located in Los Colegios de Moravia.

He added that even if the threat had been made as a “joke”, they had “to verify whether or not there is a real threat, because this is a very sensitive situation and it could lead to a tragedy”.

Security has been tightened at Grande’s concerts since the attack at her Manchester Arena on May 22.

Fans had to pass through three security checks for Sunday’s gig.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.