23.9 C
Lagos

Joshua set to face Pulev in Cardiff this October

Must Read

NCDC Records 221 New COVID-19 Cases

The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Friday recorded fresh 221 COVID-19 cases, bringing the total...

FG To Engage Corps Members In Implementation of SDGs 2030

Nigeria will engage the services of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members across the country and...

FG Partners Cross River Govt Over Solid Minerals Exploitation

The federal government has called for increased partnership with the Cross River State government over developing its...

Britain’s Anthony Joshua will defend his IBF and WBA world heavyweight titles against Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on October 28, the two fighters announced on Tuesday.

Joshua, 27, had been pursuing a Las Vegas rematch with Wladimir Klitschko, who he beat at Wembley in April, only for the Ukrainian to announce his retirement. Instead, Joshua (19-0) will face IBF mandatory challenger Pulev beneath a closed roof in Cardiff, paving the way for him to make his United States debut next year.

“October 28 can’t come soon enough,” Joshua said in a press release issued by Match room Boxing. “I have been eager to get back in the ring since Wembley and now we are confirmed and ready. “I’ll be locked away focusing on fight number 20 for the next eight weeks. I am excited to experience the atmosphere in a sold-out Principality Stadium and aim to give the fans a spectacular night.”

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, said a crowd of 80,000 was expected for the fight. Pulev, 36, lost his only previous world title fight to Klitschko inside five rounds in November 2014.

“We will not hug and hold, we will not run. We will stand and fight,” vowed Pulev (25-1). “His style fits mine perfectly and in boxing, styles make fights. My preparation will be very intense and I will be perfectly ready when I enter the ring so that he will have no chance to beat me.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

NCDC Records 221 New COVID-19 Cases

The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on Friday recorded fresh 221 COVID-19 cases, bringing the total...

FG To Engage Corps Members In Implementation of SDGs 2030

Nigeria will engage the services of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members across the country and 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)...

FG Partners Cross River Govt Over Solid Minerals Exploitation

The federal government has called for increased partnership with the Cross River State government over developing its huge solid minerals potential.

We Have Spent N366.5M On COVID-19 – Plateau Governor

Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State on Friday disclosed that the State has committed N366.5 million in its fight against the COVID-19...

Abia Building Collapse: Police Arrest Project Contractor, Death Toll Rises To Five

The project contractor handling a building that killed four persons and injured others on Wednesday has been arrested by the police in...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -