In an interview with State House Correspondents on Friday after the Eid El-Kabir prayers, President Buhari while commenting on insecurity in Nigeria stated that his regime had done its best at fighting the Boko Haram sect in the North and militants in the South-South.
This claim by President Buhari came two days after an attack on the convoy of Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum on his way to Munguno local government Lagos.
On Thursday, suspected Boko Haram members had also attacked parts of Maiduguri leaving 7 dead.
Noting that some of these insecurity and security challenges in Nigeria had been handed down from the previous government, President Buhari pointed out that he had done his best.
However, he also said that he believed security agents in the North West and North Central could do better than they are currently doing.
President Buhari had said, “I want Nigerians to be very conscious of their country and what we inherited when we came in 2015 was Boko Haram – North East and the militants, the South-South. Nigerians know that we have done our best.
“What is coming up in the North West and North Central is very disturbing indeed but I believe the military, the police, and other law enforcement agencies from the report I am getting, I think they could do much better.”
“They could do much better, but we are keeping them on the alert all the time to do their duties.”